The aim of this course is to prepare you to teach all aspects of Geography in Secondary School. You will learn how to develop and deliver high-quality Geography education that will inspire in your students a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people.
You will be able to:
- Complete a subject audit, to review and develop your own existing subject knowledge.
- Implement the requirements of the National Curriculum and understand the importance of Geography in the wider School context.
- Organise and structure innovative and exciting lessons using a variety of techniques, strategies and approaches, including Fieldwork and e-learning, in order to extend your students’ Geographical knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Assess work for a range of ages and abilities, and ensure effective learning for all students.
- Develop into a strong, critically reflective, classroom practitioner, who will go on to participate in, and influence the future development of Geography Education.
You must apply to join this course on the UCAS website. You will need to use the Provider Code S66 and the correct course code:
For more information on the application process please click here.
MEET THE TUTOR
GEOGRAPHY - JANE MAXWELL
It is an ideal time to train to teach Geography. You can take your subject interest and passion, and through School Centred Training at SWTT, learn how to be a dynamic teacher and deliver a relevant, exciting and inspiring Geography Curriculum.