The Governing Board of the Lead School (West Exe School) will ultimately take responsibility for the financial management of the course and be accountable to the Department for Education and NCTL. Annual Grant return audits are carried out by an external group of Auditors on the behalf of NCTL.
COURSE MANAGEMENT BOARD
The Course Management Board meets on four occasions in each academic year at the Lead School and reports to the Lead School Governing body. The Course Management Board is representative of the SWTT SCITT ITT Partnership. The Course Management Board includes...
- Headteachers, or their representatives, from the ITT Partnership
- Lead School Governing Body representative
- Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager
- ITT Partnership Professional Tutor
- ITT Partnership Subject Course Tutor
- Student representative from the current Cohort
- Exeter Consortium representative
- External: finance
The Management Board has responsibility for...
- Monitoring all aspects of the course
- Strategic planning
- Reporting progress to the Lead School Governing Board
- Setting an Appeals Sub-Committee for student disciplinary issues. This Committee is chaired by the Lead School Headteacher
SWTT SCITT is a member of OIA.
MEET THE MANAGEMENT
COURSE MANAGER - ISOBEL PENTREATH
Her passion within teaching is that of making challenging lessons interesting, stimulating curiosity and for students to desire to learn more through practical and theoretical approaches. As a teacher trainer she promotes the development of new teachers who will deliver outstanding and engaging lessons, where students make progress and attain their own goals. To this end whilst working in London her roles did included those of Senior Science Mentor with IOE, Teach First (London) and the GTP programme (Kingston University). In her role as Programme Manager Isobel leads a successful, forward thinking school centred teacher training scheme which develops and delivers highly regarded and resilient newly qualified teachers for local, regional and countrywide schools.